Tuesday, February 15, 2005

wow . . .

GRAND NEWS for today! I got selected for Phi Beta Kappa! Woooo!
*Does dance of all dances*

I'm all eternal sunshine. I'm also all external procrastination. I don't feel like doing any work. Not that I don't have a million things to do - revise work for creative writing and write an intro about my "writing process" for my fiction portfolio, concept for my ghostwriting project, brainstorm new names for a deodorant powder for men (for internship) and read a book. Maybe I'll just end up reading my book, because it isn't something that I need to do for any class. I did however, balance my checkbook tonight. It had been a while, which wasn't smart because it's even more traumatic when I see all of that money gone at once. I used to be so good about it (balancing checkbook in increments) but now I'm not. I'm disappointed in myself. Oh well, I'll get over it. When I graduate though, I'm going to be very good with my finances - not that I'm ignorant about finances, I consider myself an informed citizen - but my dad is going to buy me one of those computer finance program things. Anyway, this is a boring topic. Let's move on.

I am so scheduled. I feel like I need a secretary. Right now, my secretary is my little black book (ooo all professional and leather-bound). It's my life. I used to be so anti-planner but now I'm not. It's just more of the organizational disease passed down to me by my mother, one step-behind my sticky note obsession. (There are probably 10 floating around my desk space as I write).

Not that you care, but tonight's Gilmore Girls was fabulous. I've had to miss the last few (I KNOW, a travesty unknown to mankind) but I finally got to watch it tonight. Very sad point: Lorelai and Luke, who had finally got together have broken up. As a writer and native watcher of this show, I can 99% gaurantee myself that this break-up won't last . . . but that extra 1% better not prove me wrong. It had better not. I will have vengeance because they are supposed to get married. Very happy point: A new romantic relationship is starting between Rory and Hot Blond Fellow Yale Classmate And Mysterious Secret Society Member Logan. This makes me happy, because I like him. Thank you writers of Gilmore Girls. Thank you. You will probably wreck their relationship soon - because we all need conflict - but for now, I am happy with what you are producing. :)

No comments: