Wednesday, February 09, 2005

a gray scale kate winslet

As I write this I am listening to Josh Groban do a cover of "America" by Paul Simon. It's my new favorite song and a departure from some of his classical stuff. I love love love the classical stuff, but he could sing anything - and he does such a powerful rendition of "America." I'm repeating myself . . . you all know how I feel about this man. Expect a wedding announcement at some point - once I get him to realize that I'm amazing . . . and that I exist. :)

Man, I'm definitely working the multiple nights of sleep deprivation angle once again. And without my diet pepsi to get me through (Kevin is going well as my mentor . . . although I find it a hard habit to drop) it's been interesting. Also, my lack of sleep is making me not particularily want to expound on any aspect of my life at this moment - sorry, it's not because I don't love you. Suffice it to say, I spent a very wonderful evening in Richmond last night concepting for a ghost novel that I'm going to be writing with a few amazing people and today I finally finished my art painting - AND - get this - my art professor said that he thought it was really good. I know. Stop and take a second to make sure the earth is still turning on it's axis. I know I did. :) It's a pixeled, enlarged painting of a black & white portrait of kate winslet - all in gray scale. Oooo. I like it a lot and I think I will get it framed when I graduate and put it up wherever I end up living.

I am starting a book called Crum, about a small town named Crum in West Virginia. It looks to be very promising.

No comments: