Monday, February 28, 2005

"chronic" is never a good word

Ok. I give up. This entry has been erased twice by this stupid home computer of my parents. I can't write it again or I will go insane. Suffice it to say that I went to an opthamologist at home this morning and found out that my eye problems are due to a combination of roseacea (in/around the eyes) and blepharitis. The roseacea is treatable, the blepharitis I will have for the rest of my life. Three cheers for life-long eye diseases. I can wear my contacts but no eye make-up for at least a month, longer if I have problems. I am on new eye medication number 10 million for an indefinite period of time, amongst various other treatments. I like this new opthamologist, despite his not-so-good news. He was friendly, as was his medical aide who told me all about how she was pregnant and how she had once had cat stratch disease. Tomorow I go to the optometrist to have my vision checked (pray that it's not any worse) and hopefully get new, thinner, sexier glasses. I hear technology has improved since the last time I got glasses, many years ago. But anyway, help me to keep things in prospective. I am really quite lucky if all I have to worry about health-wise is eye problems.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

well at least it's not herpes...

Kelly said...

True.

Kevin said...

That said you should look after you tomorrow and treat yourself to a tomato noodle soup and a diet pepsi...with caffeine. Hope you feel better...Kevin and Lauren

Kelly said...

Awww. I love you guys. Seriously, honestly, a million times over. I have the best friends in the world. Tomato soup tomorrow it is; however, during a particularily stressful day or so last week I illegally partook in diet pepsi - feeling guilty, I won't have some tomorrow. I am a horrible learner, please forgive me. And now that I've heard that splenda is made with chlorine and really harmful for you as well as aspartame, I don't know what to do! There goes my low-calorie everything!