Saturday, February 19, 2005

ah, yes

There is a danger in this world for me. A danger that I constantly realize invades my life, yet I allow it to take control when I most need support. It's the danger of letting myself get caught up in the world, in the stress, in the excuses that can come so easily. I finally managed to get back to church today after a month of weekends when I was unable to attend. Man, I was starving. Soul-starving. And I felt it as soon as I entered the church and opened my mouth to sing to the Lord who had helped me get through that very same month. True, there were some very good reasons why I had been unable to come to worship, but I know just as well that there were many times when I didn' t try hard enough. I just can't explain what it's like to feel that void in your life filled with a love that is unconditional and eternal. Just to know that it's there no matter how much you screw up and no matter how much you fall, it's just incredible. In the last month I didn't forget it was there, and I read the Bible every night, but being able to walk into church again and be surrounded by such a strong support group of people was great. I'm going to have to miss church up here for the next two weekends because of spring break, but hopefully I'll be able to catch a service at home. I pray when I do have to miss that I can keep my relationship with the Lord going strong - it's so easy to get distracted.

Anyway, now that I've said that, today was a pretty decent day. Gave a tour (eh), had lunch with Bryan (nice), went to church (this you already know) and spent the in-between time working on my short story (interesting). I have also drunk a lot of hot russian spice tea. I also plan to do 300 crunches at some point tonight. Really. I used to do that many on a regular basis and I have strayed from the ab-hardening routine. Must return to it.

No comments: