Saturday, March 25, 2006

in memory of T

I had hoped to post an entry of relative cheerfulness, but I find it necessary to pay tribute to a friend of mine from Mary Wash who got to a point where she had no hope and took her life. I went to her memorial service this afternoon and dear God is was so heartbreaking. I held myself together pretty well until I saw her family. We took communion and on the way back, the immediate family stood in their pew and we gave them hugs. Her father and mother were sobbing and that was the worst part. I think I cried more after seeing her family so broken. Her poor father just looked lost. I pray that her family and friends find peace. I just can't even imagine the pain.

T, if you're reading this, I truly enjoyed our time together and I apologize if I didn't tell you enough. You were loved by so many people and I know that you are not suffering anymore. Life wasn't meant to be so lonely . . . you deserved to know that.

Here are the wonderful things that I remember about our time together:

- Halloween parties in my room, glowing pumpkins on the walls, scary movie marathons with Johnny Depp, and well, just admiration ofJohnny Depp in general.
- Supporting my roomie as she gave her ghostwalk tour and picking out where the people were going to jump out of the bushes
- Regular dinners at Seaco, overall scoffing of the food selection, the bistro? pizza? "Wha, they moved the booths again??"
- Legolas. Posters.
- Looking at all of the amazing photographs that you took on your travels.

There are more.

You will be missed.

Rest in peace, my dear.

No comments: