Wednesday, March 29, 2006

soccer boys and their legs

Male readers of this blog, you may want to stop reading here. I am going to discuss (philosophically of course) the amazing tendency for 99.9% of soccer boys to be attractive and have the best-looking pair of legs on men, out of all the men hitherto viewed by women.


Via email today, The Shamana and I had a very important discussion about our careers, love, the theraphy in throwing rocks at men, which, invariably, led to the observation that Holy Smokes Don't All Soccer Boys Have The Hottest Legs. As The Shamana said, normally, it is the woman who is held accountable for the condition of her legs (as well as *ahem* other physical features) but we felt no shame commenting on these guys. Honestly, women, have you seen a male soccer player who doesn't have amazing legs? It just baffles the brain. Sure, there is an exception to every rule and I'm sure that I'll get testimonials from people recounting the one moment in their life where they happened to notice that a male soccer player did not have attractive legs, but really, come on . . . it's highly unlikely.


Furthermore, all of the male soccer players that I have met/seen in the 22 years of my life have been very attractive. Ugly male soccer players? I have met none. Yes, yes, I know that there are probably a handful that exist . . . But I'll sit on the sidelines of a college/professional men's soccer game any day.

Speaking of college male soccer teams, one of the fondest days of my existence took place at lunchtime, when I was eating lunch with my mother at a deli in Virginia Beach (one of my favorite places) called Schlotsky's. I think I was either in my late high school years or early college . . . can't remember. Anyway, there I was, eating a roast beef & cheese on sourdough, minus the pickles (because pickles are gross) when Lo and Behold the entire men's soccer team from Wake Forest walked in to get lunch. I tell you ladies, it was like an entire bevy of male models decided they wanted a sandwich. I think my mom notified me that my jaw had indeed hit the table. I asked her how many of them I could bring home.

Now we get to the philosophical part of this entry: What makes male soccer players so hot?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I was thinking about this after we finished our email. Baseball players are not in constant motion so they don't have fully toned bodies, football players are usually balked up so they can kill each other, basketball players are tall and are often stick thin. Soccer players are often average to tall height, are almost always moving so their bodies get nice and toned, and they are outside in the sun alot so they get a nice golden tan. That could be part of it =)
-The Shamana

Kelly said...

I knew that I was best friends with you for some reason. I think you may be on to something Shamana.

Anonymous said...

Yes,
I've always thought that male soccer players have the best legs. That's why I dated them. I even married one. He's hot!!!! And now....I'm a soccer mom of two kids, Aryn (girl) 11 years and Eric 7 years. It's a great sport! I sometimes worry about teenage girls that will one day be "after" by teenage soccer son!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, soccer players are gorgous and have the best legs of any sports!! Best butts too!!

I played for 30 years and married a soccer player myself!!!!

I can't wait until the World Cup this summer, I will be in heaven watching all the gorgous guys running around the pitch!

Anonymous said...

Any 45 yr old soccer players for me, sunshine?

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhhaaa! so, umm...you never sent me the link to your blog page! so, guess how i found you on here? lol...yup - you guessed it! good thing you told me this story hahaa 'cause i had no luck finding you with your name! haha
anywho
i'm off to read your extremely long blog now...
ttyl
~Jose Miguel Suerte