Tuesday, May 23, 2006

one little kelly, two little kellys, three little kellys, FOUR

So, there is this huge phenomenon going on right now amongst women in their teens and twenties . . . and that is the selling of their eggs. And not the type of eggs that you eat . . . I am referring to the type of eggs that contribute to the production of human beings. It is ridiculous how much money us women can make off off selling our eggs . . . seriously, $3,000 - $5,000 per donation. True, you have to give yourself shots of hormones and go through extensive physical and psychological tests, but you're reimbursed for everything and you make thousands of dollars. Then all you have to do is wait to heal and then you can do it again.

How do I know so much about this? Well, I had a friend in college who donated her eggs. I found the whole thing rather disturbing. Not that I don't think that people who can't have their own children shouldn't get help and even though I can think of copious ways that I could spend thousands of dollars . . . I'd be bothered knowing that technically, I could have children running around that I didn't even know about. I mean, when I have children . . . I'd like to know about them, you know? On a side note - I heard on the news that this sperm donor guy has 12 children! Seriously, he must have had a very enticing profile to make 12 women choose his sperm. I wonder how many guys lie on those things . . . like "Hi, my name is Romeo and most women call me an Italian God. I'm a doctor and an astrophysicist, as well as a member of Mensa. I have olive skin, dark hair and a very white smile. I have a fabulous physique. In my spare time I like to read, save the world and feed the homeless. I play ten different instruments. I can calculate the tip in my head. I'm amazing!"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Screw that other stuff, counting the tip in his head?? AMAZING!! I'd TOTALLY pick him too!!

That guy is probably obsessed with video games and learned about sperm donation on the back of a XXX rated comic book...

-The Shamana

Kelly said...

Don't they all? *wink*

Anonymous said...

I didn't learn about it from the fountain of all knowledge, and so what if I can't add a tip in my head but at least someone thought I was a demiGawd.

Kelly said...

demiGawd? What's that?