Thursday, May 11, 2006

a dream is a wish your heart makes? hmmmm, how about not.

Honestly, matrimony has not been on my mind lately. The entire world knows that I don't plan on getting engaged before the age of 24 (barring the appearance of Josh Groban at my side, on his knees, proposing . . . ).

Well, last night I had a very real dream where I was marrying The Cyclist. Sorry buddy, I have to share this one. Anyway, so this dream felt so real that I actually remembering feeling like I was going to throw up from nerves. The interesting thing about this wedding was that in my dream, I knew nothing about what it was going to be like until the actual day of the wedding. Yes folks, the wedding was entirely planned by my parents and let me tell you, the invitation colors were horrific . . . blue, red and orange on beige paper . . . *cringe* . . . but anyway, here are other highlights of my wedding dream (not dream wedding):

- The wedding gown chosen by my mother for me was a pinkish/gray/pearl color, strapless . . . ugly.
- The ceremony was to take place in the church that I grew up in (ok, I can live with that) but the reception was to take place at the amphitheater with music by a Celtic band and Celine Dion. (<--- what????) - My parents had decided to invite all of their friends, but none of mine. - I had no bridesmaids (because my mother neglected to organize THAT part of my wedding, so I was frantically trying to call my three best girlfriends to be bridesmaids at the last minute). - I was too nervous to eat, but people kept on telling me to eat or I'd faint at the altar. - I had a massive diamond engagement ring on my ring finger. Kudos to The Cyclist!! ;) - The Cyclist's brothers and parents were there. - At one point I was playing the drums. Yeah . . . I don't know why, either. Hmm, I think that's it besides the constant "Oh **** I'm getting married!" feeling that permeated the entire experience.

In real life, though, here are my current wedding demands:

For a husband: Josh Groban
For flowers: blue & purple lilies
For a dress: white and not a strapless, preferably with an empire waistline, simple and elegant
For bridesmaids dresses: anything sans taffeta and poofy sleeves and rainbow sherbert hues
For a location: Reveille United Methodist Church (for now)
For a honeymoon: Italy or Ireland.

Alrighty, Josh . . . get to it! *waits patiently*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No cute boy with mullet?

Kelly said...

Mullets = Certain Death (for the mullet wearer)

OR

Mullets = Instant Haircut, Given By Yours Truly.

By the way, cute boy / with a mullet is an oxymoron.

Anonymous said...

i think i could pull it off

~your future husband, "cute boy with a mullet" (anonymous)

Anonymous said...

Ireland is my destination of choice too! Although, Italy sounds good too...especially Tuscany. Why not go on an "I" honeymoon with India and Iceland included?

Miss you!

Kelly said...

To Anonymous - Sadly, no one can pull off a mullet. It's just a universal law.

To Kevin H. - Your brilliance is of the highest category of brilliance. Will you be my travel agent? Josh will make it worth your while. I miss you too!

Anonymous said...

hey...this is Josh Groban...I hate to inform you, but I now have a mullet.
Sorry it couldn't work out between us :(

-Josh

Kelly said...

Don't worry Josh! I will be more than happy to fix that for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! Like I figuratively stated in my song "Confession" on my album Closer...I was confessing to wanting to have a mullet - I'm living the dream! Just don't contradict yourself, Kelly. Let it be known from here on out that Kelly admires men with mullets! See you at my next show! I'll take you and my mullet out after the show ;)

~Josh

Kelly said...

Hey Josh - do you remember me? I was the one who yelled out at the concert you gave in Norfolk that I was single. Yeah . . . anyway, I know you wouldn't cut your gorgeous black curls into a mullet because you aren't stupid. And you have a career in the entertainment industry. Normally, intelligence and careers in the entertainment industry are not condusive to mullet-wearing.

P.S.- I'll be backstage. See you there.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...you got me! I've always wanted a mullet, but wasn't ever man enough to pull it off :(
If you want to see me backstage you may want to get with your one friend who can get backstage access to most any venue in your hometown area ;)

Kelly said...

Hmmm. I have no idea who you could be referring to. ;)