Thursday, August 07, 2008

the hierarchy of power. forgotten.

Sometimes I have to remind the people in my life that one day I will rule the world. And although I am not Ruler of All right now, the powers of such should be accorded to me now in anticipation of my future position. Some people ignore me. Some people laugh like they think I'm joking. The wise people listen.

So when The Shamana, one of my long-trusted advisors, commanded me to write more on this blog, I was a little taken aback. COMMAND?? What the? Come again? -shakes head in disbelief-

But because I am merciful, I will not make her life misery. I will allow her to keep her job as advisor and as punishment, will only recount to her in excruciating detail the "melted candy bar in the diaper" game sometimes played at baby showers.

Think melted Snickers, The Shamana. Melted Snickers.

4 comments:

Ashley A said...

You think about melted Snickers, too, Kelbel... all over your bed. In your shoes. On your cat.

Can't wait to see you this weekend ;)

Kelly said...

Hmmm. A little hostile imagery there, huh?

I can't wait to see you this weekend, too. Can't believe I'm getting married.


P.S. - I prefer Three Musketeers.

Anonymous said...

Wait, you're getting married? Like, married married? Oh wow, congrats!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I am! I hope you'll be there!