Sunday, June 11, 2006

war games

I am currently writing you from enemy territory. I don't know how much longer I'm going to make it . . . I can't move without putting my life at risk . . .

Rue is playing war games with my bedroom furniture. My bed: The Enemy. My bedroom curtains: The Enemy. The cords hanging from my curtain: The Enemy. The carpet, the underside of my sheets, the computer keyboard, the laundry hamper, ME: The Enemy. Seriously, Rue rockin' a vendetta of some sort. And in truth, I'm scared that she's going to win this battle. Poor, innocent bedroom furniture . . . all you did was sit there, being all bedroom-furniture-like and then this orange tabby with Illusions Of Grandeur starts attacking you - Cadet Rue, that careless heroine.

AAAAHHHH! Geeeeez! I thought scary war game Rue had left the room for a brief minute (hence my hurried entry), but I got this weird "someone is behind me feeling" and There She Was - sitting right behind me, licking her paw in seeming innocence . . . plotting her next attack. I could tell by the look on her face. Seriously - she's got the stealth thing down. She could totally rule the world. Or at least fight all of my enemies in order to clear the way for my total world domination. Ok . . . now her butt is in my face. Why. Rue. Really. Why. (on all counts).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, the cat staring thing REALLY wigs me out sometimes. Have you ever woken up with her sitting over you, staring unblinking at your face? Has she ever done it for 15 minutes without moving? If so, she and my cat must hang out. Or they have both read that Stephen King story where the cat sucks peoples souls out of their mouths and they think it's funny.....

Kelly said...

When I used to let her in the room while I was sleeping, I'd wake up to her kneading me with her paws. Oh, but yesterday, when I was sitting outside on my patio, she just sat there and stared at me. She didn't even blink. I had trouble concentrating on my book. I'd really like to not think that she's read "Pet Cemetary."