Sunday, April 03, 2005

oh boy

So last night I almost got broad-sided on the driver's side of my car by a van. Seriously, by God's grace and a few feet, as well as good brakes, I missed being in a serious accident. It was night time, I was driving in unfamiliar Springfield, frustrated because I couldn't find the church where my brother was singing, and I was lost. I decided to turn back around and head the other way down the the road, so I pulled off into a neighborhood to turn around. In order to get back on the road I had to turn left and cross 4 lanes of traffic, two going either direction. I inched out and misjudged the speed of the car heading towards me. About half-way across the first two lanes I realized "Oh shit I do NOT have enough time to get across the road." I had a brief second of mind-blowing panic but managed to slam on the brakes just in time for the car to swerve around me. I don't think I breathed for at least 10 seconds and then I started crying, I guess because I was scared - I realized what could have happened to me. Man. It was really frightening. I thanked God and my guardian angels profusely on my way home. And I will now be an old lady driver forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog entries with by kelly with 8 comments: 0. case closed. oh and I'm glad you were unhurt. ~ Bryan

Kelly said...

? I am confused by your first statement. But I completely understand your second - thank you.