Saturday, March 12, 2005

random insomnia

So, I woke up this morning around 3:30/4 am by the sound of my suitemate coughing her head off in the bathroom. So I get up, realize that I have to use the restroom anyway, and go and check on her. By the time I get back I am wide awake. Really wide awake. And starving. Which is not good because I have to get up at 7 to get ready to help with registration for Showcase. I lie in bed for like 30 min. Can't sleep. So, I do something that I haven't done in years. I turn on the light next to my bed, grab an apple to eat, and read Kitchen Confidential for about an hour. By that time, I'm just tired enough to phase back into a little bit of sleep for about an hour/hour and half. "So what?" you ask. Well, I just found it weird because I normally sleep very well through the night. Even on the rare occurences when I have to get up in the middle of the night. Now I'm tired. I hope traffickers for Showcase don't have to be friendly. The rest of my day involves brunch, schoolwork/painting/cleaning/etc., hair cut, church, then back to work. Come on Kel you can do it. Oh, I need to return some library books, too.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Kitchen Confidential is an awesome book...a must for any culinary lover.

Kelly said...

Oh yes. It is quite good. I recommend it to anyone! :) You and I will have to compare notes.