Thursday, April 06, 2006

richmond, i duel thee

The only thing that I have ever known that I am allergic to is penicillin/amoxicillin - you know, life-saving drugs. And I can deal with that fact. One thing I cannot deal with, or I guess, would really like to not have to deal with is the fact that I may be allergic to Richmond in the springtime. Here I present my evidence: I constantly have a stuffy nose and my head feels like it is not attached to my head for a good portion of the day. My head has been tight and headache-y since the trees began to bud. Furthermore, I have never lived in Richmond in the springtime and there could be flora and fauna here that don't reside in Virginia Beach where I grew up, so my body is like "Whoa. New tree. I think I'll have a headache now," and (to my nose) "GAH! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! IT'S RICHMOND POLLEN!"

Now, I know some of you out there are like, "Well . . . you know . . . there is such a thing as allergy medication . . ." Believe me, I know. I suffer through the commercials with the rest of America. But, I'd prefer not to take allergy medication for various and assorted reasons. I know - then I am willingly letting myself suffer and I shouldn't complain about it. To that I retort, "Well, there are other ways to fight allergies!" *slaps Richmond with a glove.*

In other news: My cat Rue decided last night that the best place in my apartment to sit was on top of my bills - while I was working on them. I informed her that I, too, did not like bills - looking at them, or paying them - but if she didn't get off of the bills and I didn't pay them, then she'd be out of a home, and food . . . and toys . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm allergic to penicillin, too! Look at all the things we have in common =D
-The Shamana