Friday, April 14, 2006

a pool shark who hates her car

If a "pool shark" is defined as someone who, on occasion, gets the intended ball into a pocket (by accident) and humbly provides amusement for the rest of the people playing pool by completely missing all the balls on the table . . . then I am a bona fide pool shark of the highest order.

We got off of work early today and a bunch of the Creatives invited me to come with them down the street to play pool, drink beer and overall to just be cool for about two hours. I sauntered on into the place and found a great place on the wall from which to observe the hard core pool players but someone (me) managed to get wrangled into joining one of the teams. Ok, it wasn't really "wrangled" so much as " jumped at the chance." There I was, playing pool with three guys. My partner and I talked trash while we continued to lose (although, I have to say that at one point I got two balls in the pocket in a row and we did win one game . . . out of three) and I did my best to get three beers into my partner because apparently, that's how many he says he needs in order play pool well. Yeah. I told him maybe he should try three at once next time. :)

It was a lot of fun. Actually, a whole lot of FUNNY because when one of the guys was bending over to shoot pool some of the other ones would yell, "I wish I could QUIT you!" a la Brokeback Mountain <---- so began a multitude of Brokeback Mountain jokes. And my personal favorite, from The I'm Always Fabulous One : "So . . . my first . . . kiss . . . was on top of a pool table" - from which followed the successive whiplash of all of the men near us towards our direction and inquiries along the lines of what exactly happened on the pool table again??

Now on to the part about how I hate my car. I hate it. I have evidence now about my Murphy's Law of Shopping. I go and buy a bunch of stuff from Target and then the @#(*(@#* plastic thing that shifts the gears in my car decides to break! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness I plan on winning the $220 million dollar lottery tonight, even though I didn't buy a ticket. If that somehow falls through, then I'm going to trade my car in for tricycle. I'm serious. A blue one. With silver metallic tassles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, apparently I missed out on the fun Friday, doh!

Let me know if you want me to pull the tricycle. It could be fun, we could tie it to my car!

Kelly said...

As long as you provide me with a helmet. And it has to be a hot pink one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hah! I'm sure we could find you one. ;)

Anonymous said...

If you get a tricycle, I'll buy you a basket for the front and even provide some pretty smelling flowers to help cover up the smell of the exhaust from the car in front of you.

--your bluebird

luvs!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I had a name! Wow! How fabulous! Thanks, Kel.

Anonymous said...

How strange, our lives keep paralleling each other kel bel! I was called a "pool shark" recently as well. Though, I must admit, at some point I got pretty decent at pool and actually on a semi-regular basis.

I forbid you to get a tricycle! If you're going that direction, it has to be a big wheel!

-The Shamana

Kelly said...

Whatever. You all know that I'd be one hot tricycle-er. Haha. Especially with a hot pink helmet, flowers, and a basket.

Hey Shamana - I'll get you a Fisher Price Barbie mobile that you push with your feet.

Anonymous said...

Nuh uh! I'm getting me a motorized car. You know, the ones that take 50 D batteries to run for ten minutes. And not Barbie, I'm going for the GI Joe camo ones...

-The Shamana