Saturday, January 29, 2005

the pen doth write . . . perhaps

I'm supposed to be writing a short story right now. The problem is that I think I want to develop a character sketch I wrote earlier into said short story - but I don't know how. And my goal to be amazingly productive today is not starting out well, seeing as I am instead creating a new blog. I hope that I write in this one with some regularity, as opposed to the torrid and cyclical love affair I had with my xanga blog.

Last night was a weird dichatomy. I went to IV for the first time. It was fabulous, albeit a bit awkward (due to the fact that I was new to the whole scene and everyone is so close). Getting to praise the Lord with people my own age is something that I've missed out on most of my life, so it was very nice. The speaker reminded me just how much I need to show those who don't know Jesus his love through my actions and my presence. I was determined post-IV to get some work done on this story, but I got lured away to the apartments to play board games and have a drink. I don't know, I felt a bit uncomfortable there. I'm not used to such a crowd.

MUST WRITE. Dear Lord, help me to be creative and brilliant and the next big thing in writing. Or, just creative. Because I need to get this done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Kell Bell, you are always incrediably creative and brillant. I did not know that you had a new blog, and was glad to find the link. Why I am leaving a comment on the first post instead of the most recent, I do not know, but I am.

I know that you miss your Grandparents, and they are forever with you. One day, far into the future, your love as you embrace your own grandchildren will mirror that of their love for you. You are a beautiful, fun-loving, intelligent woman, and I know that they are proud of all that you do.

love ya! j

Kelly said...

i love you, too j.
thanks.